Who We Are
The University of Florida is a top-ranked, Carnegie Research 1 (R1), land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant university. It is the Flagship University of the State University System of Florida and a member of the Association of American Universities.
What our Department has to offer:
- a range of topics in contemporary geography and geospatial science
- 27 faculty members
- more than 60 graduate students
- a rich and lively cultural and learning environments
- B.A. and B.S. undergraduate degrees
- M.A., M.S., and PhD degrees
- the largest Medical Geography program in the United States
- Geography Colloquium: Drone Mapping for Coastal Seagrass Monitoring and Citizen Science
October 9, 2019Drone Mapping for Coastal Seagrass Monitoring and Citizen Science Speaker: Dr. Bo Yang Citizen Science GIS, University of Central Florida Thursday, October 10, 2019 2:50-3:50 ...
- Geography Colloquium: The Mad Dog Initiative – Identifying and Mitigating Invasive Species Threats in Madagascar
September 27, 2019The Mad Dog Initiative – Identifying and Mitigating Invasive Species Threats in Madagascar Speaker: Dr. Kim Valenta Assistant Professor, Department of Anthropology, University ...
- Geography Colloquium: UF Sustainability and Carbon Neutrality
September 23, 2019UF Sustainability and Carbon Neutrality Speaker: Mr. Matthew I. Williams Director, UF Office of Sustainability Thursday, September 26, 2019 2:50-3:50 PM (Period 8) Turlington Hall Room ...
- Dr. Corene Matyas’s #RedditAMA on #hurricanes
September 23, 2019UF Geography Professor Dr. Corene Matyas will be hosting a Reddit AMA on hurricanes this afternoon from 2 to 4 ...
- West African Border Cities: Growth and Density
September 18, 2019Dr. Olivier Walther and his colleague Dr. Marie Trémolières (OECD) are presenting a talk titled West African Border Cities: Growth and Density ...