Who We Are
The University of Florida is a top-ranked, Carnegie Research 1 (R1), land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant university. It is the Flagship University of the State University System of Florida and a member of the Association of American Universities.
What our Department has to offer:
- a range of topics in contemporary geography and geospatial science
- 18 faculty members
- more than 60 graduate students
- a rich and lively cultural and learning environments
- A. and B.S. undergraduate degrees
- A., M.S., and PhD degrees
- the largest Medical Geography program in the United States
- Geography Colloquium: Doing Research in Conflict Areas – Example of the Research on Boko Haram
September 17, 2019Doing Research in Conflict Areas: Example of the Research on Boko Haram Speaker: Dr. Tatiana Smirnova Research Assistant Scientist, Department of Geography, ...
- Foro Urgente: “The Amazon Is Burning—Why It Should Matter to You”
September 14, 2019GeoGator Dr. Cynthia Simmons joined colleagues at University of Texas, Austin’s Teresa Lozano Long Institute of Latin American Studies in ...
- Dr. Robert Walker talks Tipping Points in the Amazon with BBC’s PM Programme
September 13, 2019Dr. Robert Walker spoke about Tipping Points in the Amazon with Jonny Dymond on the BBC’s PM Programme. Listen to the whole show ...
- Video – Science on Tap: Is Florida Trying to Kill Me? Hurricanes with Dr. Corene Matyas
September 12, 2019On Wednesday September 11th, Dr. Corene Matyas gave a public science talk at First Magnitude Brewing Company entitled Science on Tap: ...
- Fruitful Collaborations for Dr. Waylen and Dr. Bunting
September 11, 2019Dr. Peter Waylen saw the first fruits of a collaboration with Dr. Chris Annear (Anthropology, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, ...