How to apply for a certificate
- Scroll down to the Certificate section and click the appropriate button for current or non-current student. Current students will NOT incur a fee.
- For current students: the college of your current major must first approve of your application. Then, the Certificate Coordinator reviews your transcripts and makes an admission decision.
- You will not receive an email confirmation of your admission – you should return to the application page where it will list whether a decision has been entered yet or not.
- You must be enrolled in the certificate at least one term prior to the term in which you anticipate receiving the certificate.
How to receive the certificate:
- Once you have completed the certificate coursework and/or the semester you will graduate from UF, you must apply to graduate with the certificate using https://student.ufl.edu/
- The Certificate Coordinator will certify that you have met the requirements. The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences will also certify that you have met the requirements.
- The award of your certificate will appear on your transcript after grades have been certified in the semester that you received it; you will not receive a separate piece of paper.
- You can apply to graduate with the certificate independently of applying to graduate with your degree.
- Please note that the coursework for the Geography-managed certificates is not available through distance learning.
Certificate Coordinators for Geography:
Please contact these professors if you have questions about coursework, GPA requirements, or if the admissions page does not have a decision on your application more than 10 days after you submitted it.