University of Florida Homepage

Graduating Senior Sarah VanSchoick

Image courtesy Sarah VanSchoick

Our Senior Profile for UF Geography today features GeoGator Sarah VanSchoick

Future Plans:
I’m excited to be starting the Master’s program in UF Geography!

What is your favorite thing from your time at UF?
I’ve enjoyed attending conferences with fellow GeoGators, networking with my McNair Scholar peers, and eating Krishna Lunch!

What was your favorite Geography class?
Geography of Florida with Dr. Heidi Lannon

What is your favorite Geography memory?
I have tons of favorite Geography memories. Attending SEDAAG ’18 and ’19, AAG DC ’19, participating in the GEOPATHS program through Santa Fe College while working with Dr. Lannon and Dr. Matyas, studying abroad in Costa Rica and Peru, and so many more!

In what ways has Geography prepared you for your next steps?
I think studying Geography has expanded my worldview and given me a greater idea about the interconnectivity of us and our planet.

What would your ideal job be?
I’d love to work in education sharing what I’ve learned and encouraging students to follow their dreams. My ideal job would allow/encourage international travel, provide healthy opportunities to grow as a person, and give me space to be creative while maintaining some structured path to follow. I believe a job in academia or government could allow for these features depending on my highest degree obtained.

What will you miss most about Gainesville/UF?
I’m not leaving!

What will you miss least about Gainesville/UF?
Mosquitoes/humidity

What well wishes or words of wisdom would you like to share with your classmates and fellow students?
I hope you all enjoy the next phase of your life, whatever it may be! Don’t forget to live mindfully and experience every moment.

UF Geography wishes Sarah and all our graduating seniors all the best as they embark on their next journey. Congratulations from all our GeoGator family and please be sure to stay in touch! #Geogators, #UFGEOG, #CLASGrads2020