Dr. Barbara McDade-Gordon
Dr. Barbara E McDade-Gordon
Associate Professor email@example.com
Phone: (352) 294-7509
Areas of Specialization
- “My primary areas of research are entrepreneurship and economic development and economic viability of small and medium size businesses in West Africa. In the African Diaspora–my research focus is on Black-owned businesses in the United States.”
- Economic development, Africa and African Diaspora
- Entrepreneurship and economic development
- Economic viability of indigenous businesses in Ghana, West Africa
- PhD — University of Texas at Austin, 1993
- MS — University of Texas at Austin, 1989
- BA — Texas Southern University, 1969
- GEO 1010 Geography for a Changing World GEO 2500 Global/Regional Economies GEA 3600 Geography of Africa GEO 4554 Regional Development
GEO 4930 Senior Seminar GEO 6938 Economic Development in Africa
Research Papers McDade, B., and A. Spring. 2005. The New Generation of African Entrepreneurs: Networking to Change the Climate for Business and Private-Sector Led Development”. Entrepreneurship & Regional Development 17 (1): 17-42.
Books and Book Chapters McDade, B. 2003. “Industry, Business Enterprises, and Entrepreneurship in the Development Process.” In Geography of Sub-Saharan Africa, Second edition, ed. S. Aryeetey-Attoh. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
McDade, B. 2002. Sub-Saharan Africa.” In World Regional Geography. by Lydia and Alex Pulsipher. New York: W. H. Freeman Publishers.