Who We Are
The University of Florida is a top-ranked, Carnegie Research 1 (R1), land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant university. It is the Flagship University of the State University System of Florida and a member of the Association of American Universities.
What our Department has to offer:
- a range of topics in contemporary geography and geospatial science
- 18 faculty members
- more than 60 graduate students
- a rich and lively cultural and learning environments
- A. and B.S. undergraduate degrees
- A., M.S., and PhD degrees
- the largest Medical Geography program in the United States
- Stephanie Zick awarded AMS travel grant
August 19, 2013Congratulations to Geography Ph.D. student Stephanie Zick, who has been awarded an American Meteorological Society (AMS) student travel grant to ...
- Jeff Lower becomes President of MAPPS
June 24, 2013Congratulations and kudos to Jeff Lower, who holds both undergraduate and masters degrees from the Department. Jeff will become President ...
- Dr. Peter Waylen named Gibson Term Professor
May 1, 2013“Dr. Peter Waylen has been named a Robin and Jean Gibson Term Professor for 2013-2014. The honor recognizes faculty members who ...
- Allassane Barro awarded travel URISA GIS
April 10, 2013Congratulations to Alassane Barro, Ph.D. student in Geography. Alassane has been awarded an $800.00 travel award to attend the 4th ...
- Krithi Karanth 2013 Outstanding Young Alumnus
March 14, 2013The UF Alumni Association announced that Krithi Karanth has been selected by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences as ...