Who We Are
The University of Florida is a top-ranked, Carnegie Research 1 (R1), land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant university. It is the Flagship University of the State University System of Florida and a member of the Association of American Universities.
What our Department has to offer:
- a range of topics in contemporary geography and geospatial science
- 27 faculty members
- more than 60 graduate students
- a rich and lively cultural and learning environments
- B.A. and B.S. undergraduate degrees
- M.A., M.S., and PhD degrees
- the largest Medical Geography program in the United States
- GeoGators give two public talks today!
September 11, 2019Compound Flood Risk in a Changing Climate Water, Wetlands, and Watersheds Seminar at the UF Howard T. Odum Center for ...
- Hurricane Dorian Continues on Its Path
September 4, 2019Hurricane Dorian is moving up the coast and passing Florida, but there’s still a healthy amount of moisture being pulled ...
- Aging In The Right Place – Reasons To Plan Ahead
September 3, 2019Emeritus Professor Dr. Stephen Golant recently spoke with boomingencore.com‘s Susan Williams about his research. Where are you going to live as ...
- Hurricane Dorian Heads Toward Florida
August 30, 2019As Hurricane Dorian approaches Florida, Dr. Corene Matyas was nterviewedi by cheddar.com. Read more "Hurricane Dorian Heads Toward Florida"
- Geography Colloquium: Writing a Book That Crosses Boundaries Between Academia and Practice
August 29, 2019Writing a Book That Crosses Boundaries Between Academia and Practice Speaker: Dr. Brian Child Associate Professor, Department of Geography, University of Florida Thursday, ...