Who We Are
The University of Florida is a top-ranked, Carnegie Research 1 (R1), land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant university. It is the Flagship University of the State University System of Florida and a member of the Association of American Universities.
What our Department has to offer:
- a range of topics in contemporary geography and geospatial science
- 18 faculty members
- more than 60 graduate students
- a rich and lively cultural and learning environments
- A. and B.S. undergraduate degrees
- A., M.S., and PhD degrees
- the largest Medical Geography program in the United States
- Dr. Robert Walker’s #RedditAMA on the #Amazon
August 28, 2019UF Geography Professor Dr. Robert Walker recently hosted a Reddit AMA on the Amazon. Take a look at what he ...
- Don’t Nuke a Hurricane
August 28, 2019As the 2019 hurricane season begins, many people have lots of questions. One long-standing questions ‘Can we nuke a hurricane ...
- Dr. Corene Matyas’ Why Science? story about how she studies Tropical Hurricanes
August 16, 2019#GeoGator Dr. Corene Matyas recently talked with the Florida Museum of Natural History about how she studies Tropical Cyclones as part of their ...
- Congratulations to our new PhDs! #PhDone
August 9, 2019Read more "Congratulations to our new PhDs! #PhDone"
- Dr. Matyas Talks Hurricanes and Superstorms With the Streaming Science Podcast
July 4, 2019Dr. Corene Matyas was featured on the latest Streaming Science Podcast as part of their Science of Superstorms series. In this ...