Who We Are
The University of Florida is a top-ranked, Carnegie Research 1 (R1), land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant university. It is the Flagship University of the State University System of Florida and a member of the Association of American Universities.
What our Department has to offer:
- a range of topics in contemporary geography and geospatial science
- 27 faculty members
- more than 60 graduate students
- a rich and lively cultural and learning environments
- B.A. and B.S. undergraduate degrees
- M.A., M.S., and PhD degrees
- the largest Medical Geography program in the United States
- Study Abroad: University of Florida in South Africa
January 22, 2020Come find out about the University of Florida in South Africa program at the Study Abroad Fair on Wednesday, January ...
- Geography Colloquium: Impacts, Recovery, and Ongoing Stressors in the Apalachicola River, Florida
January 16, 2020Speaker: Dr. Joann Mossa Professor, Department of Geography, University of Florida Thursday, January 23, 2019 2:50-3:50 PM (Period 8) Turlington Hall Room 3018 University of ...
- Geography Colloquium: Decisions will be made – modeling vector borne disease at multiple scales for different purposes and use
January 10, 2020Speaker: Dr. Sadie Ryan Associate Professor, Department of Geography, University of Florida Thursday, January 16, 2020 2:50-3:50 PM (Period 8) Turlington Hall Room 3018 University ...
- Announcing The Navi-Gator, Issue 3!
January 9, 2020University of Florida Department of Geography The Navi-Gator January 2020, ISSUE 3 (Download PDF) Evening of excellence John & Fawn Dunkle Award for Graduate ...
- Geography Colloquium: Conserving Imperiled Mammal Species in Florida Across a Changing Landscape
December 4, 2019Conserving Imperiled Mammal Species in Florida Across a Changing Landscape Speaker: Terry J. Doonan Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission Thursday, December 5, ...