Who We Are
The University of Florida is a top-ranked, Carnegie Research 1 (R1), land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant university. It is the Flagship University of the State University System of Florida and a member of the Association of American Universities.
What our Department has to offer:
- a range of topics in contemporary geography and geospatial science
- 18 faculty members
- more than 60 graduate students
- a rich and lively cultural and learning environments
- A. and B.S. undergraduate degrees
- A., M.S., and PhD degrees
- the largest Medical Geography program in the United States
- Geography Colloquium: Avoiding Amazonian Catastrophes – Prospects for Conservation in the 21st Century
November 14, 2019Avoiding Amazonian Catastrophes – Prospects for Conservation in the 21st Century Speaker: Dr. Robert Walker Professor, Department of Geography, University of Florida Thursday, ...
- Third Annual Evening of Excellence in Geography
November 8, 2019We will be hosting our Third Annual Evening of Excellence in Geography, on Tuesday November 19th from 5:30 pm to ...
- Geography Colloquium: Amazons Within The Amazon – A Multiscale Assessment of Urbanization
November 8, 2019Amazons Within The Amazon – A Multiscale Assessment of Urbanization Speaker: Dr. Roberta Mendonça De Carvalho PhD Alumna, Department of Geography, University ...
- Announcing The Navi-Gator, Issue 2!
November 7, 2019University of Florida Department of Geography The Navi-Gator OCTOBER 2019, ISSUE 2 So many new and exciting things have happened… Check out our amazing ...
- Geography Colloquium: Maintaining Diverse Wildlife in Africa’s Rapidly Changing Savannas
November 6, 2019Maintaining Diverse Wildlife in Africa’s Rapidly Changing Savannas Speaker: Dr. Robert McCleery Associate Professor, Department of Wildlife Ecology and Conservation , University ...