Country of origin: Congo (Brazzaville)
Degree Program: PhD
Advisor: Dr. Brian child
Entered Program: Fall 2011
Dissertation Topic: Under what conditions do rural citizens participate in wildlife conservation? An analysis of wildlife governance institutions in Republic of Congo
Areas of/Research Interests:
- Tropical conservation and development.
- Wildlife governance institutions and community-based natural resources management (CBNRM).
- Local livelihoods strategies, local community empowerment and collective actions to enable local communities to address conservation issues and to improve their conservation behavior.
- Sustainable use of wildlife, healthy ecosystems and quality habitat for all wildlife species (protected areas).
- Environmental education and awareness.
- Public (government officers, nationals NGOs and rural citizens) understanding of climate change and their adaption strategies.