Why Attend the Departmental Colloquia?
The weekly colloquium serves several purposes: It provides:
- A forum for external speakers.
- A “Shop window” in which new graduate students can view the most recent research of faculty members and their graduate students.
- A friendly forum in which students can receive valuable feed-back about their research and presentation skills before presenting at professional meetings or interviews for employment.
- An opportunity to give and receive intellectual stimuli and suggestions and to learn about research techniques and terminology from areas of specialization other than your own.
- A weekly meeting at which one can catch up on the academic and social activities of the department.