Who We Are
The University of Florida is a top-ranked, Carnegie Research 1 (R1), land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant university. It is the Flagship University of the State University System of Florida and a member of the Association of American Universities.
What our Department has to offer:
- a range of topics in contemporary geography and geospatial science
- 18 faculty members
- more than 60 graduate students
- a rich and lively cultural and learning environments
- A. and B.S. undergraduate degrees
- A., M.S., and PhD degrees
- the largest Medical Geography program in the United States
- Geography Colloquium: Maintaining Diverse Wildlife in Africa’s Rapidly Changing Savannas
November 6, 2019Maintaining Diverse Wildlife in Africa’s Rapidly Changing Savannas Speaker: Dr. Robert McCleery Associate Professor, Department of Wildlife Ecology and Conservation , University ...
- Now Accepting Applications for 2019 Graduate Student Awards!
November 3, 2019TOP PUBLISHED STUDENT RESEARCH ARTICLE These awards are given for the top published, student led, research article in each of the ...
- UF Researchers to Lead NASA Funded GIS Project on Deforestation and City Growth in Ghana
October 25, 2019West Africa has experienced significant deforestation over the last several decades. While deforestation in Ghana has slowed in recent years, ...
- Geography Colloquium: Rust Belt Renaissance? The Experience of Refugees from Burma in Buffalo, NY
October 24, 2019Rust Belt Renaissance? The Experience of Refugees from Burma in Buffalo, NY Speaker: Dr. Seth Cavello Visiting Lecturer, University of South Florida Thursday, ...
- Geography Colloquium: Technology-Based Interventions to Promote Physical Activity and Healthy Eating
October 16, 2019Technology-Based Interventions to Promote Physical Activity and Healthy Eating Speaker: Dr. Danielle Jake-Schoffman Assistant Professor, Department of Health Education and Behavior,, University ...